Monday, July 11, 2005

Should English teachers call on shy students?

This is Jamie Hall, one of the quieter (quietest) members of this great web logging community. This semester, my students and I have been writing in our weblogs for my English Teaching Methodologies class. A few weeks ago I started a class blog called "The English Teacher Discussion Forum". The latest entry is titled "Should English teachers call on shy students?" One of the challenges of teaching English in junior and senior high schools in Japan (and in many other places) is that there are a lot of students that just don't like to speak in class. I started this post to get my students, aspiring English teachers, and current English teachers to discuss this issue. I have had a few posts from current teachers and hopefully my students will start posting soon. If you are interested, please have a look! By the way, my primary blog is now the following: English Teacher Training.

2 Comments:

Blogger Willard Van De Bogart said...

Dear Jamie: I am an english teacher here in Thailand and I am trying to use the blog to teach my students engliah. Could you send them all an email. I am trying to start a community where they can get invloved with other students. I must confess I am new at all this as it seems to moveing quickly and my time seems in short supply. Any help you can offer would be helpful.
Thanks Ajarn Willard Van De Bogart
PS I asked all my students to begin blogs as as well.




watsamon's is dow_star84@yahoo.com
jutarat's is juta4eve@hotmail.com
kankanit's is keing_555@hotmail.com
apiradee's is powerpookpick@hotmail.com
rattaya's is tikisme@hotmail.com
romchat's is carekikz@hotmail.com
surapat's is Dek_Dee_Na@yahoo.com
orawee's is china05cp@hotmail.com

1:13 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

Willard...I would like to invite you to join the Blogstreams Salon at Tapped In, where a group of teachers interested in blogging and international webpublishing projects gets together every week. You may also want to visit Dekita.org , where P2P webpublishing projects and ideas have been highlighted.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home