Tuesday, January 18, 2005

...out of the box...

Good morning all....it is 6:37 Am here in Texas. I just logged into the BCP blog and saw that Bee had made an entry and Karen has a draft. So I feel like a bit of an explorer.

I have on one other occasion experimented with some blog structure that allows for multiple authors. It will be interesting to me to see how using Blogger accomodates the idea of a group blog. My first thought is that by allowing everyone to post and have access to the dashboard and admin panel, that you also take the risk, that someone is going to "mess" (couldn't think of a better word) with someone else's work. Perhaps, Blogger ought to have some sort of super administrator level so that everyone's ability to post over someone else has some control to it.

That is not to say that I think someone might "do" something to someone elses posts in this class, but I am wondering if such ability might not be something for all of you to consider when opening up a blog for all your students to post in.

On the other hand, there is blogware out there that allows for multi-authored posting in a more collaborative sense. So I think the blogging community sees the need, and is struggling to find a way to accomodate those who are interested in such collaborative blogs.

...as for Karens Draft post...I found it to be quite coincidental that one of her lines is:
..."An interesting idea, to move beyond Yahoo Mail and into blog-blivion!"...
The template I selected for my blog looks like a Yahoo page and even has a link to Yahoo Mail on it. Karen, sometimes it is shocking that both our minds think along the same or similar paths. By the way, I liked the post and thought it gave many thoughts for one to consider today.

So I am out of here, and off to "blog-blivion". I am out looking at smart phones today. Hopefully, in the next few days, I will be posting from a cell phone instead of my PC. When I looked through the sites listed on the Wiki, I noted that at least one of our members is already on that wave link. Tze's still-under-construction "about rhymes" WAP site appears to be made for use on cell phones....Talk about "blog-blivion"....Where does it all stop?

Elderbob-blivion


4 Comments:

Blogger Rashunda said...

Hi Bob,

Congrats on being the first person other than a mod to post.:-)

I don't know if anyone would or could do anything to the blog. Isn't there a tracking system?

11:07 PM  
Blogger Rashunda said...

Hi again,

I just noticed something. On the "dashboard" the icon for changing the settings on this blog is dimmed.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Bee said...

Keep on observing Rashunda... this is an important trait for an explorer :-)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Barbara Schulz said...

I was invited to join this site, but I can't figure how to do it. Barbara Schulz : shudalai@yahoo.com

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home