Saturday, February 05, 2005

C.K. Ogden's work

Is anyone outside of Japan interested in Ogden's work in Basic English? I have long been a fan of Ogden's ( and Richards') ideas, but have never found a colleague familiar with them. Now that I have had the good fortune to become part of this cyber-community, I can look farther afield. Anyway, Basic English seems like a perfect springboard for collaboration. His books are hard to come by, but the basic and most important reference is now online : Ogden's Basic English

NOTE: The above Link works now. The html had gotten corrupted somehow in copying and pasting. Marco Polo--wherever you are--please try again.
Barbara Schulz

3 Comments:

Blogger Guy Jean said...

Barbara, yes I'm interested. The link didn't work for me, tho. Is this correct? http://%20ogden.basic-english.org/texts.html (that's a percent sign right after the two slashes)?

2:18 AM  
Blogger Guy Jean said...

Thank you Barbara. Most informative.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Ryotasan said...

Though I'm living in Japan, I'm interested in Ogden's Basic English. Come to Ryota's Daybook: Language Arts and Basic English at:

http://www.ryotasan.blogspot.com/

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home