Friday, February 18, 2005

Learning by Doing

Learning by doing seems to be the best method for progress in my case.
Although I am extremely busy these days with my Socrates Grundtvig projects, the deadline being March 1st, I opened my blog this morning.
To my surprise I noticed an X had replaced my photo in the profile.
I think I know what has happened. I have published the "incriminated'” photo using Picasa.
Since then I keep getting the invitation to enter the site whenever I open my computer.
As I did not feel at ease when I first entered it and as I was more successful with Flicker, I declined the invitation.
And… I was finally punished:):):)
But I decided not to give up.
I started to look for thephoto. I could find it only in my Yahoo profile.
I copied its properties and tried to introduce it in Flicker.
But it was much too large!
I e-mailed it to me, saved it, resized it, and finally I managed to publish it.
I must confess I am feeling quite satisfied.
Perseverance and courage are the necessary things you need when you try to improve your skills.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth H-S said...

I managed to get an Audioblog going. Yeah!

then I discovered I hadn't signed up that particular blog to our group's list, so belatedly, here is the blog address, and RSS feed:

http://ehansonsmith.blogspot.com http://ehansonsmith.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Hope Bee or Andy or Graham will sign me up.

Finally got to the doing part, if belatedly. But the learning part escapes me--like, I still don't seem able to just post directly to this community blog, hence I am commenting here.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Bee said...

Done Elizabeth :-)
Have you added it to the wiki and mentioned this is your group blog?
You can post in this blog...you have already been invited (see your name on the contributors' list). You have access to it from the Blogger dashboard

12:10 AM  
Blogger Mariana Hudrea said...

Last evening I uploaded my photo in Yahoo Messenger profile and I have just noticed that my picture appears whenever I write a comment.
The idea is that if you are courageous and try all kind of things, you discover you can make progress.
Step by step. Day by day.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine Thousands Of Links Back To Your Web Site From Other People's Blogs!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home